We are an Evangelical congregation, declaring the whole counsel of God, as evidenced through our Statement of Faith. Nothing we do is as important as following Jesus’ words in Matthew 24:14, “And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations”.
The desire of Dr. Michael Youssef’s heart is to highlight, underline, and magnify the faithfulness of God to all of His promises. The old familiar hymn exhorts us to “Trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” By testifying from his life and through the first 25 years of The Church of The Apostles, Dr. Youssef encourages each believer to trust and obey as one biblical truth resounds: when we trust and obey God’s leading, instead of our own, God adds His blessing.
For the 25th Anniversary of The Church of The Apostles we put together a film that strives to tell the story of God’s faithfulness to His people and His church.
Reaching the Lost and Equipping the Saints for the Work of Ministry.
To declare the whole counsel of God.
Our vision and mission are accomplished by unconditionally surrendering to and seeking the leadership of God the Father, through Jesus, His only begotten Son, and by the power of the Holy Spirit. We know that the greatest impact we as a church can make is to reach out to others. God has called us as a church to act as a lighthouse for those truly seeking the truth of the Gospel, not only in the city of Atlanta, but also throughout the nation and the farthest corners of the world. Our members reach out to others locally and around the world through continuing involvement and support of missions and ministries.
We recognize God as our authority in every area of life. We also acknowledge that we will answer to Him for every action we take. He has given us the privilege to reach many people, and as recipients of God’s grace, we will be judged on our obedience to Him.
We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
The Church of The Apostles is committed to actively reach out to those who do not know Christ. Every ministry at Apostles focuses on the vision of the church: equipping the saints for the work of ministry. In addition to Sunday worship services, members at Apostles have seen friends and family come to Christ through annual outreach events.
“How can we do less for God than we would do for ourselves?”
This was the challenge to the leadership of this church when contemplating building a new facility.
This was no small challenge but without exception this group of leaders came into agreement over the mission they had before them. From that point in time we moved forward, as a church family, with plans to build a sanctuary that would say to all who pass by or enter “To God Be the Glory, great things HE has done.” By moving forward our leadership acknowledged what we all have come to realize…only God could orchestrate such a project.
This neo-Gothic building is complemented with the finest in furnishings, technical support, and appointments all for the purpose of fulfilling our mission statement: Reaching the Lost and Equipping the Saints for the Work of Ministry.
- The Sanctuary Seats 2,800 people, 1600 on the main floor and 1200 in the balcony.
- From the street in front of the rose window, it is approximately 240 feet to the top of the cross.
- The construction of the building took just over two years.
- The Sanctuary addition has a square footage of about 100,000 sq. ft.
- The published bid cost of the Sanctuary addition was near 17 million dollars.
- There are over 90 Stained glass windows in the sanctuary. The large windows on the west wall are renderings of the apostles. The windows in the stairwells and perimeter depict the life of Jesus. Lynchburg Stained Glass Co made these windows.
- The sanctuary has state of the art audio and broadcast quality television facilities.
- The carpet was made in New Zealand and is 100% wool.
- The slate under the pews was used as an acoustical treatment to assist parishioners in hearing themselves when they sing. Hopefully this will encourage participation in congregational singing.
- The orchestra area will seat 35 musicians.
- The organ is electronic, not pipe.
- It is fifty-four feet from the chancel to the ceiling.
- The screens are used in the service extensively for music, videos, and sermon illustrations.
- The plasma screens in the corridors are used for closed circuit television on Sunday.