Healthcare Workers Appreciation
Giving Tuesday is May 5, but we are extending it through May 12. We are going to show our appreciation by sending cards/letters with gift cards to healthcare workers. These gift cards can be used to feed their own families after a long day, or they may choose to use these to feed their hospital shift.
- Get a card or letter.
- Buy, download, and/or print a restaurant gift certificate. Or use Grubhub, DoorDash, UberEats, PostMates. Suggested prices: $30 – $50. Enough to feed a family.
- Write an encouraging note to the healthcare worker from you and your family.
- Address it:
The Church of the Apostles
C/O Holly Copeland – Cards for Healthcare Workers
3585 Northside Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
- PLEASE SEAL ALL ENVELOPES WITH WET TOWEL OR SPONGE or WITH TAPE. For safety purposes, DO NOT LICK THE ENVELOPE TO SEAL IT.
- For safety purposes, you can mail it from your own mailbox rather than taking it to a post office box.
- Cards will be collected until Tuesday, May 12. You can also drop it off at a post office or have it picked up from your own mailbox. Cards and letters can physically be dropped off at the church until Tuesday, May 12. For cards that are dropped off, please write “Cards for Healthcare Workers” on the envelope. DO NOT SEAL ENVELOPES DROPPED OFF BY HAND. There will be a contactless collection area near the reception desk.
Cards will be dispersed to local hospitals on May 5 as well as May 12 as part of Giving Tuesday.